Some formula./ valencies: Ammonia gas NH3, Ammonium NH4+, Barium Ba2+, Carbon dioxide gas CO2, Chloride Cl-, Cu(II) Cu2+, Hydroxide OH-, Iodide I-, Lead Pb2+, Mercury(II) Hg2+, Nitrate NO3-, Oxide O2-, Oxygen gas O2, Potassium K+, Sodium Na+, Sulfate SO42-, Sulfuric acid H2SO4
Write a balanced chemical equation for each of the following reactions in a word processor.
- Copper sulfate and sodium hydroxide when mixed produce a precipitate of copper hydroxide and a solution of sodium sulfate.
- Copper hydroxide when heated produces black copper oxide and steam.
- Copper oxide when heated in the presence of hydrogen produces copper metal and water.
- Concentrated sodium hydroxide will react with ammonium chloride to produce the gas ammonia, a salt and water.
- A mixture of potassium iodide and lead nitrate produces a salt solution and precipitate.
- The complete combustion of methane (CH4) produces carbon dioxide and water
- The combustion of ethanol, (C2H5OH) produces carbon dioxide and water
- The combustion of glucose, (C6H12O6) produces carbon dioxide and water
- Barium chloride reacts with sulfuric acid to produce a white precipitate and water
- A solution of mercury(II) nitrate reacts with a solution of potassium iodide to produce a bright orange mercury(II) iodide precipiate